Electronic devices are a regular part of daily life—remote controls, calculators, watches and more! Small children often have easy access to these battery-powered devices, and many parents do not know they pose a risk. In 2012 alone, more than 3,500 coin lithium button battery swallowing cases were reported in the U.S. Once swallowed, these batteries can get stuck in the throat and cause serious burns among other injuries.
The Motherhood is teaming up with The Battery Controlled
for a Twitter party to spread awareness about this serious issue! The Battery Controlled is a partnership with Energizer and Safe Kids Worldwide to educate parents and caregivers to the hidden danger of button battery ingestion. During this Twitter party, we'll be providing simple steps that families can take to help prevent injuries to children.