Our next #CloudOpsChat on 9/18, 11am PT is all about automation - to do it or not to do it, we'll be discussing anything and everything around automation. Join us!
For our next #CloudOpsChat on Wednesday, September 18th at 11am PST, we’d like to invite our CloudOps audience to discuss: “To Automate, or Not to Automate? -
considerations and best practices for IT admins looking to take
advantage of the benefits of automation in a smart but effective way.”
Co-hosting the chat will be our very own CloudOps bloggers Andy Troup and David Crane, both Cloud Operations Architects at VMware.
During the chat, we’ll discuss:
- What approach have you taken to identify suitable processes to automate?
- What process areas have you started automating?
- What technique is primarily used for your automation? Policy, orchestration or scripting?
- What makes a process a good candidate for automation?
- What challenges has your organization faced when approaching automation?
- What business processes have you successfully automated in your organization?
Here’s how to participate in #CloudOpsChat:
- Follow the #CloudOpsChat hashtag (via Twubs.com, Tchat.io, TweetDeck, or another Twitter client) and watch the real-time stream.
- On Wednesday, September 18th at 11am PST, @VMwareCloudOps will pose a few questions using the #CloudOpsChat hashtag to get the conversation rolling.
- Tag your tweets with the #CloudOpsChat hashtag. @reply other participants and react to their questions, comments, thoughts via #CloudOpsChat. Engage with each other!
- #CloudOpsChat should last about an hour.
In the meantime, feel free to tweet at us at @VMwareCloudOps with any questions you may have. We look forward to seeing you in the stream!