We're continuing the automation conversation with #CloudOpsChat, 11/13 at 11am PT: Discuss task automation vs. process automation with us!
We saw some fantastic insight on automation from many of you during our last #CloudOpsChat
and wanted continue the conversation. For this month’s #CloudOpsChat
, we’re specifically focusing on next steps in automation by asking the following questions: What has your company successfully automated? Do you focus on task automation, process automation, or both?
Join us on Wednesday, November 13th at 11am PT
to discuss task vs. process automation with your CloudOps peers. Hosting the chat is CloudOps expert Rich Pleasants @CloudOpsVoice
, Business Solutions Architect and Operations Lead for Accelerate Advisory Services at VMware.
During the chat, we’ll discuss:
- What business tasks or processes has your company successfully automated?
- When discussing automation, how do you determine whether you should automate a task vs. a process?
- Do you have people in your company whose primary role is automation?
- What technique do you use primarily for automation? Policy, orchestration or scripting?
- How does the blueprint concept impact your automation workflow (scripting, orchestration)?
Here’s how to participate in #CloudOpsChat
- Follow the #CloudOpsChat hashtag (via Twubs.com, Tchat.io, TweetDeck, or another Twitter client) and watch the real-time stream.
- On Wednesday, November 13th at 11am PST, @VMwareCloudOps will pose a few questions using the #CloudOpsChat hashtag to get the conversation rolling.
- Tag your tweets with the #CloudOpsChat hashtag. @reply other participants and react to their questions, comments, thoughts via #CloudOpsChat. Engage with each other!
- #CloudOpsChat should last about an hour.
In the meantime, feel free to tweet at us at @VMwareCloudOps
with any questions you may have and make sure to follow Rich Pleasants @CloudOpsVoice
. We look forward to seeing you in the stream!